Visit Our Pilates Studio:
There a number of ways to maintain good health and stay fit through exercise, but Pilates is the most effective way of working out towards building lean muscles safely without the need of lifting any heavy weights.
Happy, Fit, UNSTOPPABLE, Strong.
Build strength - Rei Pilates
We are a unique fusion of traditional reformer pilates and dynamic strength training to achieve a whole body workout. With the state-of-the-art Allegro 2 Reformer you get all the benefits of traditional pilates packed into an intense, fun, and effective 50 minute workout.
Quality Pilates Classes near White Plains, NY by an Experienced Pilates Instructor
1. Although you can use Pilates as a complement to other exercises and fitness programs, it differs drastically from traditional ways of working out. Pilates targets the entire body focusing on posture and breathing techniques progressing from basic workout movements to a level class that would work best for you.
2. As compared to lifting weights, Pilates does not focus on many repetitions of a particular exercise. The quality of movement repetitions focuses on your body/mind connecting the attention to breathing techniques while working. Instead of just leaving you exhausted and suffering from aching and sore muscles, Pilates leaves you feeling of blood flowing through the entire body with impressive energy levels never felt before.
3. Pilates is a low impact and gentle method exercise that even those in a bad health condition can improve their stamina and strength with this exercise system. However, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor about which exercise routine to engage. Most doctors are inclined toward the use of Pilates for their patients.
4. Pilates essentially uses the power of your body’s resistance to lengthening, strengthening and adding joint flexibility to your muscles. As compared to weightlifting, Pilates makes uses the muscles in the body mimic real life movements in its exercises. Core stability and muscle balance are challenged with every workout involving Pilates.
5. Another great advantage of Pilates over weightlifting and other traditional exercises is that it doesn’t take long to do. In Pilates, you focus on the quality of your body movements instead of simple repetitions. As a result, most Pilates exercises can be accomplished in just 10-15 minutes, so in an hour you workout all your body parts. This is a huge advantage for many on-the-go, busy people nowadays who are concerned about maintaining good health and fitness.
In conclusion, Pilates offers many benefits over other workouts helping build lean muscles without putting any stress on the joints. So if you are thinking about starting a new exercise routine to build lean muscles, give Pilates a try and see if it can help you get fit and stay in shape.